Throughout the year and especially now during the holiday season, you may be away from your home for extended periods of time to visit friends and family or to take a vacation. You’ve got your standard checklist of things to do before departing: ask the neighbor to check the mail, clean out the fridge so you don’t come home to spoiled food, and so on. But have you considered what steps to take to make sure your stairlift chair is in tip-top shape when you return? Our friends at Bruno provide the following advice:
When traveling or not using your indoor stairlift for an extended period, take these few steps to ensure peak performance when you’re once again in need of its service.
- Turn off the main power switch on the stairlift carriage
- Switch off the power switch on the battery charger for Bruno curved CRE-2110 and Elite 2010 straight stairlift models
- Unplug charger from the wall outlet for Elan SRE-3050
Once you’ve returned home and are ready to use your stairlift again, make sure the batteries are charged and the rail free of dust build up.
- Reconnect the charger to the wall outlet for Elan SRE-3050
- Turn on power switch on battery charger for the Bruno Elite Curve CRE-2110 or Bruno Elite straight SRE-2010 straight models
- Turn on main power switch on stairlift carriage
- Wait until LED light on charger turns green to depict full battery charge
- Dust rail with wax-based cleaner, such as Pledge